The Progress, Accomplishment, Thriving, Hope (PATH) Scholarship was established in 2020 by Ellucian, the leading technology solutions provider for higher education.
Education has the power to transform lives. For millions of students, financial distress can lead to dropping out of school without completing a degree. As COVID-19 disrupted the education journey of learners globally, the PATH Scholarship was created to help higher education institutions support students experiencing economic hardship.
Since its founding, the PATH Scholarship - now offered by the Ellucian Foundation - has provided more than $1 million in scholarships to eligible higher education institutions, benefiting more than 1,100 students.
The 2022 PATH Scholarship is now open for applications. The deadline for eligible higher education institutions has been extended to Wednesday, June 15, 2022.
The following types of higher education institutions are invited to apply for a 2022 PATH Scholarship award:
- In the U.S., Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), and all colleges and universities designated as Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) by U.S. federal statute. MSIs include: Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs); Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs); Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions (ANNH); Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISI); Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs); and Native American Serving, Nontribal Institutions (NASNTI).
- In Australia, Canada, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Ireland, Lebanon, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, not-for-profit higher education institutions who are approved by the country’s ministry of higher education (or other national government ministry) to provide associate’s or bachelor’s degrees.
- Institutions can receive a single block grant of between $10,000 and $25,000 (USD)
- Awards of up to $1,500 (USD) can be made to individual students
- Institutions will have considerable flexibility in determining the selection criteria and individual award amounts that best fit the needs of affected students
How to Apply
- Register to create an account using the "Register" button at the top right
- Select your application:
- Application for Institutions in the U.S.
- Application for Institutions in All Eligible Countries Except the U.S.
- Applicants are encouraged to review the Terms and Conditions and Application Guides for more program details and tips on successfully completing the application.
For U.S. Applicants:
For Applicants in All Eligible Countries Except the U.S.: