The Progress, Accomplishment, Thriving, Hope (PATH) Scholarship is provided by the Ellucian Foundation, established in 2020 by Ellucian, the leading technology solutions provider for higher education.
Education has the power to transform lives. For millions of higher education students, financial distress can lead to dropping out of school without completing a degree. As COVID-19 disrupted the education journey of students globally, the PATH Scholarship was created to help higher education institutions support students experiencing economic hardship.
In 2020, the PATH Scholarships provided 25 eligible higher education institutions with $500,000 (USD) in grants, delivering scholarship awards to a total of 680 students.
The 2021 application is open June 14th – July 14th. Eligible institutions are invited to apply for PATH Scholarship funds to support students in overcoming financial challenges to stay in school.
The following types of higher education institutions are invited to apply for a 2021 PATH Scholarship award:
- 4-Year public universities in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico)
- Not-for-profit higher education institutions who are approved by the country’s ministry of higher education (or other national government ministry) to provide associate’s or bachelor’s degrees in the following countries: Australia, Canada, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Ireland, Lebanon, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom
- Institutions can receive a single block grant of between $10,000 and $25,000 (USD)
- Awards of up to $1,500 (USD) can be made to individual students
- Institutions will have considerable flexibility in determining the selection criteria and individual award amounts that best fit their affected students’ needs
Applications will be accepted June 14, 2021 – July 14, 2021
How to Apply
- Register to create an account using the "Register" button at the top right
- Select your application:
- Application for Institutions in the U.S.
- Application for Institutions in All Eligible Countries Except the U.S.
- Applications will be accepted June 14, 2021 – July 14, 2021
- Applicants are encouraged to review the Terms and Conditions and Application Guides for more program details and tips on successfully completing the application.
For U.S. Applicants:
For Applicants in All Eligible Countries Except the U.S.: